Followers

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Caliente!


I struggle with anything freehand, which causes me to go to glitter topcoats a lot. Don't get me wrong, I adore glitter topcoats, but was in the mood for something different. Last night I painted my nails with the lovely Essie Olè Caliente and my ring finger with our favorite yellow, China Glaze Lemon Fizz, knowing that I would want to do more with it. Today I woke up inspired to do this, and I love the color combo and am reasonably pleased with my freehand stripes. I tried tape, but as usual it disappointed me, so I busted out the small brushes and resolved to mess with it as long as it took to become happy (enough) with it. I'd like to be on the beach with an umbrella in these colors shading me! ;)

Olè Caliente is a gorgeous coral-leaning red that is just short of neon. It's an absolute show-stopper! My husband grabbed my hand last night to see it up close and said, "Wow, that's a pretty color!" Application was amazing, two smooth coats and it was done. I'm not a fan of Essie's tiny brushes, but they get the job done. They are perfect for Emma since she has those beautiful feminine small nails, but on my bruisers I have to be careful with small brushes or the polish gets worked too much because I have to do many more strokes.

Lemon Fizz is the perfect shade of yellow for my skin tone, and one of the few I can wear without getting lobster hands. It's creamy and soft, but yellow enough to pop. It's one of Emma's very favorite colors and it reminds me of her just when I see the bottle. :)

The brown is Essie Little Brown Dress, which is my go-to brown cream. I put up with the small Essie brush issue for this color because it's the best chocolate brown cream I've tried. In a pinch, it can be a thick one-coater without flooding your cuticles.

The deep turqoise stripe on the tip is Revlon Fashionista. I'm a total sucker for dark turquoise shades and can't resist buying them. I love the dustiness of this one and was surprised how different it was from my other turquoises when I got it home. What started out as me thinking I was crazy for buying yet another one of these shades turned out to be something that I had nothing like. The formula is superb and the color is very dense, the tips were one coat. I haven't bought much Revlon and for no particular reason, but think I will stop overlooking them as easily because the few I have are amazing!

Again, the colors used in this mani are:
Essie Olè Caliente
Essie Little Brown Dress
China Glaze Lemon Fizz
Revlon Fashionista
Topped with Essie Good to Go

1 comment: