Followers

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Glacier Bay Blues - My First Love

I've loved polish for many years and it started in my high school days, which was the late 80's/early 90's. I would go to my first hour class early so I could paint my nails at my desk for school that day. I would take yesterday's polish off at home in the morning and had a backpack full of mostly Avon polishes that I would choose from. I started that ritual when I decided to quit biting my nails, and as we all know, the best way to curb that is to keep them pretty!

As a former nail biter, sometimes that urge to mess with them gets the best of me in the form of cuticle picking. I fight it so hard and sometimes lose the battle, which is what happened over the summer. I don't bite my actual nails, but will poke and pick at my cuticles until my hands look absolutely horrible. I always keep them painted despite how gnarly they look, but wouldn't dare share a pic of them.

The point of this is that my cuticles are back on the mend and although they aren't perfect, I'm ready to show my hands again even if I'm not super proud of them yet. ;) I've been using the Trind system, and OMG is it wonderful! My peelies and splits are so much better. I have also been taking nail/skin/hair vitamins from GNC every day.

Onto the rest of the story...

During one of my two acrylic nail phases, I discovered OPI Glacier Bay Blues in the nail salon when the Candian Collection debuted (after looking it up, I found that it was from 2004). I was totally smitten by her and she was the first polish that gave me the now-familiar feeling of falling in love with a nail polish. She shimmered, she shifted and she reminded me of a dragonfly. I bought all 3 bottles the salon had that day, and am I ever glad I did!

I have never fallen out of love with her, and she is still one of my all-time favorites. In the "if you were stuck on a deserted island" scenario, Glacier Bay Blues would be the very first polish I'd grab, probably followed by OPI Brand New Skates.

So in celebration of my healing cuticles, I put on my old friend topped with Northern Lights. Also shown is the adorable ring that Emma bought me at Icing! :D


What was the polish that sent you into your obsession?

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty color! I love the sparkles on top.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute ring! The blue polish is gorgeous. I'm partial to reds... love them :)

    ReplyDelete