Followers

Sunday, October 13, 2013

NOTD: OPI Alcatraz...Rocks

OPI Alcatraz...Rocks, well, rocks! This is one of the newer liquid sands from the San Francisco collection. Liquid Sands are probably my least favorite texture polishes, so I generally topcoat them. Read more after the jump to see what I decided to do with this one!

    





Today I decided to pull out one of my newest purchases, OPI Alcatraz...Rocks. Personally, Liquid Sands are my least favorite texture finish polishes, so I usually do not leave them as is. But for the purpose of this blog post, I did photograph it dried with a texture finish!

Here it is in all of it's texture glory! I love the fact that I can't decide if it is more purple or grey based, as those are my two favorite colors! This is such a sparkly polish, even sans topcoat! 


Alas, I couldn't help myself but to topcoat it. 




Here is a side by side comparison. Topcoat on index & middle, texture on ring & pinky. Oh my goodness, what a thing of beauty this polish turns into with topcoat. I love it SO MUCH MORE with TC. It turns into a completely different polish! You can really get a good look at the different glitters in it. 


This is 3 (although you could get away with two) coats of Alcatraz with 2 coats of G&G HK Girl.



Another comparison!


So which do you like more? Texture or top coated? They're both awesome, but the topcoat takes home the bread with me!

Enjoy this little montage!










No comments:

Post a Comment